Friday, June 26, 2015

Flickering Incubation.


 It's Friday, the third Friday of my summer, and I am still feeling like weekends feel weird.  Honestly, weekends and weekdays could easily blend together when school is not in session, but there is still this odd reassurance that school is "open", if I want to go there and work.

Over the summer, our district closes the buildings on Fridays, and the administrators work extra long days, squeezing a full week of work into four days.  Entering buildings on Friday - Sundays in the summer is verboten!  

I'm still in that "incubation" stage, casually flipping through the stacks of books I brought home for curriculum development this summer.  I can feel the light of illumination starting to flicker on, like a bad florescent light under the kitchen cabinets - not quite clicking on, but more on than off.  What am I to do with this musing in my mind?

And so the checklist begins!

Describe your vision, focus, objectives, and student needs.  CHECK!
Identify resources.  CHECK!
Develop experiences that meet your objectives. WORKING ON IT.....
Collect and devise materials.
Lock down the specifics of your task.
Develop plans, methods, and processes.
Create your students' experience.
Go!

It's still June, and I'm seizing the day.  Even if I don't have access to the big giant whiteboard in my classroom to sketch out the thoughts starting to flash in my mind...

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment