Thursday, April 30, 2015

Uncertainty.

Two weeks ago, I created tables in Word with two columns; the left hand column contained the remaining dates the classes would meet, and the right hand column loosely laid out the plans for those classes, as well as remaining assignments between now and the end of the year.

For some reason, I seem to be the only one panicking about the ever-increasing speed of this school year.  I am starting to wake up in the middle of the night, strategizing about alternative ways to motivate those who owe me papers to complete the assignments.  (This primarily applies to my freshmen in Information Literacy.)

Today was the reality check day for Themes in Lit as well.  The next phase of the 101 characters project begins on Monday, so the expectation of 101 annotated cards looms majestically over the heads of that group as well.

It's not that this hasn't happened before, and I certainly expect to repeat this cycle again in January at the end of first semester next year, so I was particularly drawn to the meme and photo.  I'm trying hard to breathe, and realize that the proverbial horse and water scenario is exactly where I am.  Of course, most teachers dislike uncertainty, and the end of every school year is the most uncertain time of all.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment